World Vision week has been really awesome in teaching me to surrender my future plans to the Lord and trust Him with the aspects of my life that I try to control, even though I have no idea what they look like yet. I just have no idea right now what the rest of my life looks like, or what I want to be doing. The theme this week, obviously, has been looking out to the world and encouraging us all to have a heart for the world and thinking about how we can act on that, so that's. God has given me a love of traveling and a desire to see new places, but I always envisioned myself studying abroad or traveling for fun, not doing anything with ministry. But now I'm becoming more open to the idea of doing another missions trip, with Cru or not, but continuing to explore the world and sharing the gospel as well.
This summer, I am in Ocean City, New Jersey on Summer Project with Campus Crusade for Christ! I'm really excited about this opportunity, and I will be writing down some of my thoughts and experiences here for my supporters, friends and family to know what is going on in my life and my heart during the summer.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Employed!
As of tonight, I will officially be a CVS employee!! God has been really faithful in showing me that His timing and plan are sovereign, and humbling me in the process. Today I have training, and on Monday I will have my first day of work. I am so thankful to have a job secured and some structure in the near future! I know God will continue to use this job to humble me and teach me how to submit to His will, and even have spiritual conversations with my co-workers there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How was your first day? :)
ReplyDelete